MEN'S ULTIMATE INSIDER GUIDE TO THE GOOD LIFE

Monday, January 29, 2007

Now Thats A Gin - Distillery No. 209 !

San Francisco’s South Beach waterfront district has been a hotbed of activity for the past few years: It is home to the Giants’ AT&T Park, wonderful restaurants, some of the city’s most desirable Bay Bridge–view condominiums, and, now, a gin distillery. Housed in a warehouse on Pier 50, Distillery 209 is owned by Leslie Rudd, proprietor of Rudd Vineyards & Winery in Napa Valley and of the gourmet institution of Dean & DeLuca. That fact really turned on my radar on this Gin. I'm usually not too hot about Gin and have never ordered it from a bar. Distillery 209 has changed my view of Gin. Now I know that I just don't like most Gin but I really like Distillery 209 Gin. This Gin is dynamite and it takes something for me to say that about any Gin. No. 209 Gin is made by Scotsman Colin MacPhail in a classic swan-neck still, has a nose redolent of juniper, a velvety texture, and a palate of spicy-peppery flavors, with distinct notes of orris and angelica. If you have the chance abd you find it at some bar, give the good old GinTonic another try, you may like it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.