MEN'S ULTIMATE INSIDER GUIDE TO THE GOOD LIFE

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gurkha Cigars - The Best Of 2006 !


My heart beats for Cuban Cigars and everybody knows that. The Hoyo's De Monterrey's are my all time personal favorites. But this year I have no choice but to introduce you to a non-cuban cigar as my top pick brand for 2006. Although the Cuban Cohiba Behike has been touted as the world's priciest current-production cigar, it is my duty to report that Gurkha's His Majesty's Reserve is currently the worlds top expensive cigar with a suggested retail price of $750.00 per cigar. Gurkha is making some of the world's most premium cigars. Lately I have tasted some of their incredible sticks and I have to tell you that these cigars rock! Recently the President of Gurkha, Kaizad Hansotia announced that they are releasing the next most expensive cigar in the world, the Gurkha Black Dragon Special Edition. Gurkha cigars are of unparalleled quality and they also are one of the most creative cigar brands out there coming up with new and exciting cigars, packages and accessories all the time. As I mentioned; They are currently producing the world’s most expensive cigar, which is His Majesty's Reserve. The HMR retails for $15,000.00 per box of 20. Less than 100 boxes are produced each year. I had the pleasure to smoke this cigar, which is aged and infused with Louis XIII cognac. At first I was skeptical about the idea to infuse cigars with cognac which separately happen to be two of my favorite vices. I wont lie to you - this cigar is simply spectacular! The cost is justified since the infusion process involves an entire bottle of Louis XIII cognac. But now I'm looking forward to lay my eyes and hopefully my hands too, on one of these new and elusive Gurkha Black Dragon Edicion Especial cigars. They come at 100 pieces in a unique antique camel-bone humidor from Northern India. Priced at $115,000, this latest limited edition offering from Gurkha is made with a Connecticut maduro wrapper from a vintage 1990 crop, a 15-year-old Cameroon binder, and a 12-year-old Dominican filler. Only 500 cigars passed the final inspection, and those 500 were then aged for 10 years to give them a smooth, slightly spicy flavor. That makes only 5 boxes of these so far! Lets hope that some of us will get the privilege to smoke one of these treasures and lives to tell us about it. As always; You heard it here first!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.